top of page

Recursos Académicos

Epic Charter Schools combina la conveniencia del aprendizaje en línea con el apoyo de la instrucción individual de un maestro certificado en Oklahoma. Este modelo de aprendizaje combinado permite que los estudiantes y las familias establezcan su propio ritmo con la guía y la instrucción de un maestro de Epic Charter Schools que se reúne con ellos cara a cara según sea necesario.

Recursos de prueba

3.º a 8.º grado

Escuela secundaria/ACT

  • Where can I get my child’s immunization record?
    Acceptable immunization documents include a record provided by a licensed physician or a public health authority, such your local county health department, or the Oklahoma State Department of Health.
  • Where can I get a copy of my child’s birth certificate?
    Certified copies of birth certificates may be obtained from the vital records division in the state where the child was born. The National Center for Health Statistics provides a list of Vital Record agencies. If you are not able to get a copy of your child’s birth certificate, the following Birth/Age documents may be accepted. Student Driver License Student Military ID (Dependent) Hospital Birth Record/Certificate Baptismal Certificate Passport Insurance Family bill showing student DOB
  • Who is eligible to enroll?
    Any student who is a resident of OK, ages 4-20 on or before September 1.
  • When do I enroll?
    We offer open enrollment through the school year.
  • How do I enroll?
    Complete the enrollment form and send in a copy of the birth certificate and shot record.* The contact info for document submission is on the enrollment form. *An immunization exemption form is available for download if you choose not to immunize. The contact info for document submission is on the enrollment form.
  • How do I re-enroll?
    You can log into your parent portal and re-enroll from there, or go to this link and follow the instructions.
  • What if I have trouble enrolling or have additional enrollment questions?
    Please email the enrollment department at
  • What should I do if my child has a medical or religious immunization exemption?
    Send a copy of the exemption form by email to
  • Does the cost of leasing Epic technology come out of the Learning Fund?
    Yes. Each student’s Learning Fund will be deducted the amount of the technology purchased. The prices are as follows: Chromebooks - Free iPads - $300 Mifi devices - $240 Graphing Calculators for HS students - $60 Headphones - $16 iPads+Mifi for PreK-1st - $460
  • How do I return assets and non-consumable items?
    See our Assets Section below.
  • My order was rejected. Is there a way to see the reason why without calling the Learning Fund?
    Yes. When logging into the parent portal you access the Learning Fund, you will see a green plus sign to the left of the student’s name. Click this to drop down the itemized account information. Under “Status,” if you see “Rejected,” hover over the blue “i” icon to read the rejection statement.
  • What is the process for accessing the Learning Fund?
    Requests for items are made through the Parent Portal under Shopping Order Entry. Please note that only teachers may request orders under Standard Purchases such as core and supplemental curriculum and technology. Once an order is reviewed, approved and processed, Epic Charter Schools will purchase the product/service for the student using their allocated monies, available within their Learning Fund. Take a look at our Learning Fund Parent Portal Guide
  • Policy and Procedures that the Learning Fund must abide:
    Parents/Teachers cannot be reimbursed for any educational expenses. Epic must purchase the products or services for the student(s). Parents/Teachers cannot be paid directly to purchase educational items or for services provided Families cannot share amongst students. Epic cannot purchase musical equipment, workout equipment, furniture and other large items. Memberships are not allowed to be paid through the Learning Fund. *This list is subject to change
  • What is the Learning Fund?
    The Learning Fund is $1,000 for students enrolled in the Epic One-on-One Program. These funds may only be used to purchase/lease materials related to the student’s education. For access to the Learning Fund, students must be enrolled by Oct. 20th for the 2023/2024 school year.
  • What is the difference between a product and a service?
    A product is a learning tool such as a book, chemistry set, flash cards, software, hardware, etc… A service would be an instructional course/lesson, such as music lessons, dance lessons, tutoring, and other extracurricular activities. Please note that the Learning Fund cannot be used to purchase theme park, museum or any facility entry/membership fees.
  • Before attempting to use the Learning Fund to pay for extracurricular activities, ensure the following:
    Check to make sure the funds are available. The vendor is an approved vendor with Epic Charter Schools (the list can be found HERE) Vendors are notified they should send invoices to
  • How much money is allocated to the Learning Fund?
    For the 2023-2024 school year, the Learning Fund amount is $1,000 per student enrolled.
  • Can my student still get curriculum and technology if they do not qualify for a Learning Fund?
    Yes. A student that does not qualify for a Learning Fund will be given a base curriculum and the option for a Laptop and Mifi when applicable, at the expense of Epic Charter Schools. They will not have access to any additional purchases, however.
  • How much does the Curriculum Cost?
    Once enrolled, a link will be sent via email that provides you with a list of the available curriculum and their varying prices.
  • What can the Learning Fund be used to purchase?
    All items purchased MUST possess educational merit. After deducting the price of a core curriculum, the allocated funds may be used for supplemental curriculum, extra-curricular activities and/or educational technology. IMPORTANT: Learning Fund orders for additional items beyond the core curriculum and laptop/iPads cannot be completed unless a core curriculum has been ordered and approved through the ILP process. A core curriculum MUST be ordered and approved by the Learning Fund Department BEFORE additional orders can be placed.
  • What is in the Epic school supply kits? And are they required?
    For the 2023/2024 school year, Epic will be providing every enrolled student with an Epic backpack and an essential school supply kit. This kit contains paper, eraser, glue stick, pencil sharpener, a ruler, pencils and an art supply, a pencil pouch, and a folder. Epic does offer a more comprehensive school supply kit based upon the student’s grade level. These kits are $42.00 and the link for the items included can be found here.
  • When I purchase something from the Learning Fund, is it mine to keep?
    The short answer is No. All items purchased through Learning Fund monies are the property of Epic Charter Schools. Learning Fund items are purchased by Epic Charter Schools and are then checked out to the students for their use. All non-consumable items must be returned to the school upon graduation, withdraw, or any other reason the student’s status does not reflect “enrolled” with Epic Charter Schools. Please note that consumable items, activities and lessons cannot be returned, for obvious reasons. An explanation of non-consumable vs. consumable items may be found in the next section. When in doubt, return your items to Epic.
  • When ordering materials for my student, I’m asked whether or not these items are consumable. What’s a consumable and non-consumable material/item?
    Consumable items are those items that are not reusable by other students. Examples: paint/art supplies, write-in workbooks, printer ink, vendor services, etc. Non-consumable items are those that can be utilized by other students once the previous student has used the item. Examples: calculators, reading books, microscopes, textbooks, etc. All non-consumables purchased through the learning fund must be returned as they are property of Epic
  • Does the cost of curriculum come out of the students’ Learning Fund?
    Yes. Each student’s Learning Fund will be deducted from the amount of the specific curriculum purchased.
  • May I receive my student’s learning fund balance over the phone?
    No. Epic strives to keep your personal information safe, so we cannot announce Learning Fund amounts over the phone due to confidentiality purposes.
  • When can I access the Learning Fund?
    Learning Fund availability (outside of purchasing core and supplemental curriculum for the upcoming school year) opens the first day of the scholastic school year and closes on the last day in March the following year. Families may submit vendor invoices up until May 31st, of the scholastic year. This is to include services that may occur during the summer months. These invoices would cover June/July/August classes. For summer month invoices to be recognized and invoiced, the following criteria must be met: Students MUST be enrolled for the upcoming school year. Students MUST have the available Learning Fund monies required to cover all services rendered (Funds cannot be taken from the upcoming school year). Students MAY NOT be in truancy violation.
  • Will unused Learning Fund monies roll over to the next school year?
    No. The remaining funds will not rollover to the student's account for the upcoming year.
  • What requirements are needed to obtain a Learning Fund?
    The student must be enrolled for the scholastic school year prior to October 20, 2023.
  • How do I log into my parent portal?
    You can do that by going to our main website at Just scroll down, and it’ll have the Parent Portal login.
  • My curricula log-in isn’t working OR I’m having curricula tech issues. What do I do?
    Contact your teacher and let them know about the issue, and they can submit a support ticket for you.
  • I am having Chromebook/iPad/MiFi issues… What do I do?
    You can fill out the form here: OR You can email or call at (405) 749-4550
  • How do I reach Technical Support?
    Just go to the Technical Support page found at
  • I need to return my laptop… How do I do that?
    Please send an email to with the subject line "Return Materials" and we will be in contact with return instructions soon.
  • How do I log in to my Epic Chromebook?
    A detailed flyer with login instructions was included with your Chromebook order. Please refer to that document for details.
  • I am having trouble logging into my parent portal… What do I do?
    You can submit a ticket here: Just make sure to select the form that says Parent Portal.
  • I logged into my parent portal, but I do not see my student… What do I do?
    Just fill out the parent portal form and we can get a ticket started for you!
  • How do I withdraw my student?
    You can log into your parent portal and click the withdraw button from there.
  • What do I need to turn in once I enroll?
    We will need a copy of your student’s birth certificate and shot records. You can send those to via email.
  • How do I request a transcript, proof of enrollment, report card, etc?
    You can fill out this form, and it will be ready in 3-5 business days.
  • I am needing to request Special Education records (IEP, 504, etc.). How do I do that?
    You can email and request that there.
  • I am from a school and need to request records for a student. How do I do that?
    You can email with the request, or you can fax that to (405) 749-4540
  • I submitted a records request and haven’t heard back from anyone. What do I do?
    You can email and check on that!
  • My kiddo needs a student ID… What do I do?
    You can email a picture of your student to your teacher to upload. Once that is done, you can print the student’s ID card from the parent portal.
  • I am wanting to apply for employment. How do I do that?
    You can view our listings here.
  • My teacher isn’t answering… What do I do?
    We recommend that you give your teacher around 24 hours to get back with you (excluding weekends). If you haven’t heard from them within that time period, contact your principal. You can find their information in the signature section of your teacher’s emails, or you can call our office at (405) 749-4550 or contact us via live chat on our website, and we can pull that information for you.
  • How do I contact Epic staff?
    You can email them (the usual format is or call them at our main number, (405) 749-4550.
  • I need a schedule change, who do I contact?
    Go to your teacher first for schedule changes. If you are in grades 9-12, you may contact your GSM. PreK-8th grade students may contact their registrar at
  • What about wheelchair access or seating for family and friends who need assistance?
    When you register, we ask if you need such accommodations and we will certainly provide them. All three facilities are ADA-compliant.
  • How are National Anthem performers selected?
    If you are an Epic student who is interested in performing the National Anthem at one of our ceremonies just fill out the form below.
  • Will there be a virtual ceremony?
    We are not conducting a virtual ceremony this year. We will hold six live, in-person ceremonies. However, each ceremony will be livestreamed to Epic’s Facebook page,, and the website’s home page, Recordings from each ceremony will be uploaded to the Epic website and Epic YouTube channel. Look for them to be added to this webpage following the ceremony.
  • When will seniors be notified of their status?
    We began notifying students in February and will continue to send reminders and notifications throughout the remainder of the school year.
  • What is the deadline to be listed in the graduation program?
    To be guaranteed listing in the graduation program, a student must have a projected graduation date of June of that school year no later than May 1 of the same school year.
  • Did we miss anything?
    Probably. But, we plan to keep you updated throughout the year. Save this page in your bookmarks or email us at with your questions or suggestions of additional things we should add to this page. We want to make sure you have all of the information you need to plan for your big day!
  • May students participate in more than one ceremony?
    No, students may only participate in one ceremony.
  • Can I decorate my cap?
    Absolutely. We ask that you keep it tasteful as this is a family event.
  • Are graduation yard signs available?
    Herff-Jones, our cap-and-gown vendor offers customizable yard signs with the Epic school logo and colors. There are multiple options to choose from, each made of heavy-duty corrugated plastic. These will ship to the student’s home within 48 hours of placing an order. Here is the link to view the designs and/or place an order:
  • What about senior photos?
    There will be professional photographers from Grand Life Photography taking pictures of graduates both before each ceremony and as they walk across the stage to receive their diplomas cover. Proofs will be emailed to graduates and their families in the days and weeks following the ceremony. There is no obligation to buy. Grand Life Photography is offering individual photo sessions for Epic students in their Oklahoma City studio at no charge. They do have Epic caps and gowns available for these sessions. You can book a session through them at
  • How much are caps and gowns?
    Cap-and-gown packages $62.50 each plus tax. Order online by April 21, to have orders shipped to the graduate’s home address. Orders placed after April 21 must be picked up at the ceremony. Steamers will be available to help de-wrinkle those ceremony pick-up orders. Herff-Jones will have a booth in the graduate check-in area for ceremony pick-up orders and on-site purchases. Caps and gowns are sold for $65 plus tax (Graduation Essentials package), and cash and credit cards will be accepted. If you have cap, gown, or tassel issues, please visit the Herff Jones booth. They will be able to assist you and if necessary, make exchanges. Contact Herff-Jones at 1-866-238-5336 or visit for more information. Customer service is available Monday-Friday from 8 a.m.-5 p.m. EST. Some Native American tribes offer special opportunities to their graduating members, such as specific stoles or assistance purchasing graduation regalia. Epic’s Multicultural Programs team is in contact with Oklahoma tribes to see what assistance and opportunities they offer for their high school graduates.
  • What if I don’t receive my diploma?
    First, students must return all assets in order to receive their diplomas. Once returned, diplomas are mailed to the last address listed for them in PowerSchool. We also have a diploma reprint form which can be found on our website. On the home page, click on the Service Requests Button, then fill out the Diploma Corrections/Re-Printing form. This form can be used to request reprints of diplomas for past years as well. Please note it can take up to two weeks for diplomas arrive in the mail from the day they were sent.
  • Can students order official announcements?
    Of course! You are welcome to use any vendor you like, but Epic has no formal arrangements with any particular company. Herff Jones is offering some great customized announcements at
  • How do students register?
    The registration link will be available on this page and emailed to qualifying graduates in the months leading up to the ceremonies.
  • I prefer to go by a name other than my legal name. Can my preferred name be read in the ceremony and listed in the program?
    Absolutely. We just ask that you let us know. Students will be able to write their name as they want it called in the ceremony. But, diplomas must list the student’s legal name. If the graduate’s name is legally changed, official documentation showing the legal name change must be submitted to records and we will update the diploma accordingly. This is true for graduates of previous years, as well.
  • Can graduates walk across the stage with their children?
    No, this day is reserved for the graduates only and space is limited. Also, it would be a potential liability (and distraction) to have little ones on the court.
  • Can I wear awards other than the ones listed above?
    Absolutely! Students should be recognized for their achievements and we look forward to seeing them with all of their honors.
  • Will accommodations be made for the deaf and hard of hearing?
    Yes. We ask that students notify us of the number of guests in their party who may need this service. Just email When registering, please note on the accommodations dropdown that an interpreter will be needed.
  • How long does the ceremony last?
    We try to keep each ceremony to less than two hours. Usually, each ceremony lasts approximately 90 minutes.
  • What if the graduate has special needs?
    Each of the facilities is ADA compliant, and before Epic entered into agreements with them, we discussed making sure that everything, including staging, would be fully accessible for all graduates. Further, we work closely with our certified special services staff team to provide accommodations for ALL graduates who need them. We ask that you please note what needs the graduate has when registering. Someone from our Special Education Department will reach out to you before the ceremony to ensure their team is ready to assist the graduate and make this day special for your entire family. We will also have dedicated quiet rooms available for graduates who need a quiet space on their graduation day.
  • Can the Learning Fund be used to pay for caps and gowns?
    No. Since these items are traditionally saved as keepsakes and sizes vary, the Learning Fund may not be used.
  • Are graduating seniors required to participate?
    No, but we strongly encourage all graduates to attend and mark this important moment in their lives.
  • Will there be a slide show?
    Seniors may upload their photos for the slide show, which will run before the start of each ceremony. Due to the size of this year’s graduating class, we are limiting it to one photo per student, and there will be separate slideshows for each location. Grand Life Photography is offering free individual photo sessions for Epic students in their Oklahoma City studio. They have Epic caps and gowns available for these sessions. You can book a private session with them at:
  • Can an Epic graduate from a previous class participate in this year’s ceremonies?
    If they were unable to attend the year they graduated due to extenuating circumstances, we will work with the graduate so that they can participate in one of the ceremonies. We just ask that they select “Class of 2023 or earlier” on the drop-down tab asking for the student’s grade when registering. If you have questions or concerns, please contact us at
  • When will students receive their diplomas?
    Diplomas have always been mailed during the summer. At the ceremony, students will receive a diploma cover to hold their diploma. Diplomas are typically mailed to graduates beginning in late July-early August. *Epic assets must be returned prior to diplomas being mailed. The asset team will have a collection table at each ceremony to collect any and all assets from graduates.
  • What honors does Epic recognize in the commencement ceremony and program?
    Epic will provide the following honor cords, stoles and medals for students who qualify: Valedictorian* – Valedictorian distinction will be awarded to anticipated graduates whose weighted cumulative grade point average is higher than a 4.25 as of the end of the first semester. Such students will receive a valedictorian medal at the graduation ceremony. Salutatorian* – Salutatorian distinction will be awarded to anticipated graduates whose weighted cumulative grade point average is between a 4.01 and a 4.25 as of the end of the first semester. Such students will receive a salutatorian medal at the graduation ceremony. U.S. Presidential Scholars Program – The U.S. Presidential Scholars Program was established in 1964, by executive order of the President, to recognize and honor some of our nation’s most distinguished graduating high school seniors. Application for the U.S. Presidential Scholars Program is by invitation only. Students who meet specific requirements within the General Component, Arts Component or CTE Component may receive a nomination. Learn more at Epic graduates recognized for this honor will receive a medal at graduation. National Merit Scholarship Program – The National Merit® Scholarship Program is an academic competition for recognition and scholarships that began in 1955. High School students who meet published program entry and participation requirements enter the National Merit Scholarship Program by taking the Preliminary SAT/National Merit Scholarship Qualifying Test (PSAT/NMSQT®) at the specified time in the high school program. Of the 1.5 million entrants, some 50,000 with the highest PSAT/NMSQT® Selection Index scores qualify for recognition in the program. Learn more at Epic graduates recognized for this honor will receive a medal at graduation. Oklahoma Academic Scholar – The purpose of the Oklahoma Academic Scholar program is to recognize the outstanding academic achievement of graduating seniors in compliance with State law which became effective in 1986. Graduating seniors who meet grade point average and ACT/SAT requirements as of the end of the first semester shall be recognized by the local school district and the State Board of Education as an Oklahoma Academic Scholar. Learn more at Oklahoma Academic Scholars receive a certificate of recognition from the State Board of Education and their local high school, a gold seal affixed to their diploma, a green honor cord and the honor recorded on their official transcript. Superintendent’s Honor Roll** – Superintendent’s Honor Roll is a distinction for all students earning a 4.0 as of the end of the first semester and they are awarded a double blue and gold honor cord at graduation. Principal’s Honor Roll** – Principal’s Honor Roll is a distinction for all students earning between a 3.5 and a 3.99 as of the end of the first semester and they are awarded a white honor cord at graduation. National Honor Society* – Students in the National Honor Society will receive a white NHS stole. If you were inducted into the National Honor Society at another school or district, you will need to transfer your membership to Epic. Learn more at: Oklahoma Indian Student Honor Society – Students who are identified as being members of the Oklahoma Indian Student Honor Society will receive a turquoise honor cord at graduation. Associates Degree through area college or ECA – Students who earned their associate’s degree concurrently with their high school diploma will receive a blue and white stole at graduation. If a student received their associate degree through an area college, they must contact Shannon Starr at by March 1st. If it was earned through ECA/TEL, please contact Angie Lee at 1+ Year of College through an area college or ECA– Students who complete a year or more of college will receive a crimson cord at graduation. If a student earned one full year of credit through an area college, they must contact Shannon Starr at by March 1st. If it was earned through ECA/TEL, please contact Angie Lee at Career Tech Certification – Students who are in good standing (passing and on track to receive a certification from their program) will receive an orange cord. If a student completed their CareerTech program prior to the spring semester of their senior year, please contact Hadley Walters Industry-Endorsed Certification – Students who have successfully earned an industry-endorsed certification through the Virtual Internship experience are awarded a light blue cord at graduation. Hispanic Student Organization – Members of the Hispanic Student Organization will receive a red cord to wear at graduation. Epic Student Council – Members of the Epic Student Council will receive a special stole to wear at graduation. Blood Donor – The Oklahoma Blood Institute recognizes students who donate SIX times or more by May 1 of their graduating year with a certificate and honor cord for graduation. The OBI collects this information and sends the certificates and green cords to the school to distribute to graduates. The stoles, medals and cords listed above will be available for pick up at the commencement ceremonies Students who have earned honors outside of those listed above are welcome to wear them at the ceremony. *Valedictorian and salutatorian status will be determined by the weighted cumulative grade point average of all students identified to participate in the graduation ceremony as of the end of the first semester of their senior year. **To be recognized in the printed graduation program, students must be identified four weeks prior to the print date of the program.
  • Will translation services be available?
    Yes, we will offer live translations of the ceremonies in several languages. Click on the links below to learn more.
  • How many guests can a student bring?
    Participating graduates may bring as many guests as they like.
  • What if I was in the National Honor Society at another school/district?
    Students may transfer their membership using the Transfer Membership form found at
  • How do students login to the new Chromebooks?
    A sheet was inside the Chromebook with detailed instructions on how to find the student's username and the temporary password for your device. Please keep this sheet handy for your reference. If you need additional login assistance, please reach out to your instructor.
  • How do I get remote support on a Chromebook?
    Submit a support ticket and one of our technical specialists will be in touch soon!
  • How do students access their Epic email?
    By design, students do not have email enabled on their Google Account used to login on the Chromebooks. It appears to be an email address, but it is only an account.
  • Can’t find everything you need to login?
    Your Username that includes your Epic ID can be found in your Parent Portal. If you can’t locate your information, please contact your instructor. They will be able to provide you with the necessary login credentials.
  • My kids live in separate households and need a second MiFi, can we make an exception?
    Exceptions to this policy are reviewed on a case-by-case basis. Please work with your instructor to submit your order in the Learning Fund and it will be reviewed by our staff.
  • It’s been a week and I have yet to receive my technology. Where is it?
    Per policy, shipping can take 1-3 weeks. To check the status of a student's technology order, please login to their Learning Fund and check the "Assets" tab.
  • When did the learning fund start charging for damages? I thought it was free.
    This is not a new policy. Because Epic has a large student body, as a school, we must implement charges for damaged technology in order to help keep the overhead cost of these services and products at a reasonable rate for our students. There are times in which a charge may have been overlooked in the past. Going forward, this will not be the issue.
  • My MiFi doesn’t work/is lost/is broken, can you send me a new one?
    Please submit a ticket to troubleshoot the issue. Once the issue is established, we will help to determine the course of action needed. This can range from switching providers to returning the defective device and sending out a replacement when applicable.
  • I received my MiFi but not my laptop, do they ship together?
    It is possible that items may not ship together due to inventory supply and demand.
  • What program do students use to complete ICAP activities?
    Students use Naviance, which can be accessed through Clever, to complete their ICAP activities.
  • How will students receive support with ICAP activities?
    Students are assigned a College and Career Advisor (CCA). Students will meet with their Advisor quarterly to complete their ICAP activities.
  • What is the due date for the completion of ICAP activities each year?
    Students will have quarterly activities that should be completed by the end of each quarter. The final date to have all ICAP activities completed for Academic Year 2023-2024 is Friday, May 31, 2024.
  • What should students do if they completed ICAP activities at a previous school?
    If a student completed ICAP activities at a previous school, they will get credit for completing those activities. For more information, students should contact their College and Career Advisor.
  • U.S. History
    Blueprint Performance Level Descriptors Test & Item Specifications
  • Test Dates & Locations UPDATE LINKS
    Students are required to test at their predetermined test sites. In most cases, students have been assigned tests at a location nearest to their homes. For a testing calendar, please click here. For a map of the main testing locations, please click here.
  • ID Requirements
    Photo Identification is required for all students taking the ACT test. Accepted forms of photo ID are shown here A state ID (obtained at most tag agencies) or notarized statement (obtained at many banks) are often the easiest to obtain. Your Teacher May Upload Your Photo to PowerSchool Your information will be saved and made available to testing coordinators. This is the easiest way for us to verify students who may not have another form of identification. Please discuss this with your teacher.
  • IEP Students
    Testing accommodations for standardized tests will be noted in the IEP as determined by the multidisciplinary team.
  • Online Test Simulation
    The link below will take you to a simulation of the online tests. This is not a practice test, it is ONLY a simulation and not scored in any way at all. Access all online test simulators here. Login credentials are not required for the practice test. NOTE: If login credentials are requested, clear your browser’s cache and relaunch the Practice Test web page. *All available online tools are present for the practice questions to allow for students that will need accommodations (e.g. text-to-speech). For the operational assessment only students with a valid IEP, 504 Plan, or EL accommodation will receive the accommodated online tools.
  • Science
    Blueprint Performance Level Descriptors Test & Item Specifications
  • What to Expect
    Students will generally have time for a small break between tests, though food and drink will not be provided during this time. Parents and guardians are free to stay at the testing site throughout the day, or they may leave and return to pick up their students after testing has been completed.
  • ID Requirements
    After inquiring with the State Department, student ID requirements for our younger students have been relaxed. Here are the 3 options available: Any form of government-issued ID (such as a military ID or driver’s license). For students in grades 3-9, parents may sign the student in. Or, your teacher may upload your photo to PowerSchool.
  • Online Test Simulation
    The link below will take you to a simulation of the online tests. This is not a practice test, it is ONLY a simulation and not scored in any way at all. Access all online test simulators here. Login credentials are not required for the practice test. NOTE: If login credentials are requested, clear your browser’s cache and relaunch the Practice Test web page. *All available online tools are present for the practice questions to allow for students that will need accommodations (e.g. text-to-speech). For the operational assessment only students with a valid IEP, 504 Plan, or EL accommodation will receive the accommodated online tools.
  • Science Resources (Grades 5 & 8 Only)
    Testing Blueprints (Grades 5 & 8) Performance Level Descriptors (Grades 5 & 8) Test and Items Specifications Grade 5 Grade 8
  • English Language Arts Resources
    Testing Blueprints (Grades 3-8) Performance Level Descriptors (Grades 3-8) Test and Items Specifications Grade 3 Grade 4 Grade 5 Grade 6 Grade 7 Grade 8
  • Writing Resources (Grades 5 & 8 Only)
    Writing (Grade 5) Holistic Writing Rubric Narrative Informative Opinion Analytic Trait Writing Rubric Narrative Informative Opinion Writing (Grade 8) Holistic Writing Rubric Narrative Informative Argumentative Analytic Trait Writing Rubric Narrative Informative Argumentative
  • Mathematics Resources
    Testing Blueprints (Grades 3-8) Performance Level Descriptors (Grades 3-8) Test and Items Specifications Grade 3 Grade 4 Grade 5 Grade 6 Grade 7 Grade 8
  • About the Oklahoma School Testing Program
    Often called the OSTP, these tests are administered during the spring of each year – usually April. These tests are mandated by the State of Oklahoma and focus on Oklahoma curriculum standards. Required of all Epic Charter Schools students in grades 3-8.
  • Test Dates & Locations (UPDATE LINKS)
    Students are required to test at their predetermined test sites. In most cases, students have been assigned tests at a location nearest to their homes. For a testing calendar, please click here. For a map of the main testing locations, please click here.
  • What to Expect
    The tests are split between pencil & paper tests, and online tests. Most tests are scheduled for 90-120 minutes, though actual finish times vary from student to student. Students will generally have time for a small break between tests, though food and drink will not be provided during this time. Parents and guardians are free to stay at the testing site throughout the day, or they may leave and return to pick up their child after testing has been completed.
  • What to Expect
    The Kindergarten test is a paper test and takes approximately 45 minutes. For the 1-3 test Listening, Reading and Speaking are online. Writing is on paper. Each test is approximately one hour. The test is adaptive to the students’ responses and test time varies. For the 4-12 test Listening, Reading, Speaking and Writing are all online. Each test is approximately one hour. The test is adaptive to students’ responses and test time varies. We encourage students to take a small break after each section of the test. Food and drink will not be provided, but small snacks and bottled drinks may be brought from home and consumed during the break. Parents and guardians are free to stay at the testing site throughout the day, however, due to social distancing, we are asking parents to wait in their vehicle if adequate space within the building is not available. Parents may also leave and return to pick up their child after testing has been completed.
  • Online Test Videos
    Watch the videos that will take you through the test here. We encourage families to practice each section of the test. Remind students that for the speaking part, they must speak out loud, do not be shy about people listening. (The speaking test is where many students get the lowest score preventing them from passing).
  • Sample Test Items
    Kindergarten – this is a 1:1 paper-based test. Grades 1-12 – This test is administered in small groups of 10 or fewer. It is administered online, except for writing for 1-3, which is paper-based.
  • ID requirements
    Any form of government-issued ID (such as a military ID or driver’s license). For students in grades 3-9, parents may sign the student in. Or, your teacher may upload your photo to PowerSchool.
  • Test Dates and Location
    Students are required to test at their predetermined test sites. In most cases, students have been assigned tests at a location nearest to their home.
  • About WIDA Testing (ELL)
    The WIDA Consortium is an educational consortium of state departments of education. Currently, 35 U.S. states and the District of Columbia, as well as Puerto Rico and the Northern Mariana Islands, participate in the WIDA Consortium. WIDA designs and implements proficiency standards and assessments for grade K-12 students who are English-language learners. WIDA is the organizer of the WIDA ACCESS and W-APT English language proficiency assessments. The test is administered in the Spring of each year. This is a federally mandated test for all EL students. There are no exemptions. A student will complete this test annually until achieving an exit score of at least 4.8/6.0. Oklahoma mandates all EL students in grades K-12 take tests appropriate to their grade level. Epic will administer these tests at multiple locations throughout the state. Below is a list of locations with dates and grades being tested.
  • Why is my student an EL (English Learner)?
    When a student is enrolled, a Home Language Survey is completed. If the answer to any of the following 3 questions is anything other than English a child is an EL What is the dominant language most often spoken by the student? What is the language routinely spoken in the home, regardless of the language spoken by the student? What language was first learned by the student? *Mistakes in the HLS are possible, in order for them to be changed, it must be brought to the attention in the same year the student is first labeled EL. If the student was EL prior to 2019, we are unable to remove the EL status.
  • How will this benefit students?
    For students who did not apply in time for a full-time program, or did not get accepted into a full-time program due to varying circumstances, these short-term programs can still help students meet their career goals. Short-term programs can still count for Next Step requirements. To qualify for Next Step: The program must consist of industry training that will lead to a certification The program must be at least 60 hours If the program meets the above qualifications, the GSS will add this program to their schedule as an internship.
  • What are short-term programs?
    Short-term programs are programs taken at a career technology center that may or may not lead to an industry certification. These programs are shorter than full-time programs; they normally range from 6-8 weeks in length. Unlike full-time programs that are free for high school students to attend, short-term programs have a cost associated with them.
  • Who pays for the short-term program?
    If the student has funds available in their learning fund, they will submit the invoice to the learning fund department by attaching the invoice in an email and sending it to If the student does not have funds available, the student will have to pay out-of-pocket.
  • How will this benefit students?
    In addition to hands-on training, students will earn 3 to 4 high school credits each year that they are enrolled in a full-time high school program at a career tech. In some cases, students can earn up to 32 college credits. Moreover, in some cases they are able to earn a fully transferable Associate’s degree. Students also receive employability training, including resume building, mock interviews, etc. 94% of students are able to find employment directly related to their training immediately after completing their program, or they can choose to further their education at a college or university.
  • What if I don’t live in one of the districts the career technology serves?
    Tuition for full-time programs for out-of-district students can be quite expensive. Learning fund money would not be able to cover the cost. It is best to apply to the career technology center that serves the district in which the student lives. Alternatively, there may be a short-term program available with the industry training the student is seeking.
  • How much does tuition cost for full-time programs?
    Tuition is free to students who live in one of the school districts that a particular career technology center serves. To check locations, visit here.
  • Career Tech: Full-Time Programs
    Full-time programs are full-time high school programs that are taught by certified career tech instructors. These programs are typically one-year to two-year programs that lead to an industry certification. Students attend every day (M-F) for three hours a day during the school year. Some of the most popular programs are: Cosmetology Welding Auto Service and Collision Repair Health Care (pre-nursing, long-term health care aid, etc.) Culinary Arts HVAC IT (cyber security, computer repair & network, programming, etc.) Career technology centers offer many programs, including the ones listed above. It is important to check the website of your local career tech to see what programs are available.
  • What if the career technology center doesn’t have the program I am interested in?
    If you are close enough to another career technology center that does have a program you would like to apply for, you can apply to that career technology center and request a letter of transfer (letter of reciprocity). The advisors/counselors at each career technology center are aware of reciprocity agreements. For instance, Mid-Del Technology Center in Midwest City does not have a Basic Firefighter program. Metro Technology center in Oklahoma City does. A student who lives in the Mid-Del Tech center district could apply to Metro Tech and still attend for free. Metro Tech would just need to have the letter of reciprocity from Mid-Del Tech.
  • My student is a junior or senior and is interested in career tech. Is it too late?
    No, it is never too late for a student. We encourage all students to work with the local career tech to explore opportunities. Students can start a program during high school and if they graduate they may be able to continue after graduation and receive scholarships to cover the cost of tuition. Communication is key!
  • Choosing Your Career Tech
    Step 1: Locate the Career Tech district in which you live Click here to identify which Career Tech you qualify to attend. Step 2: Schedule a Career Tech tour Check your Career Tech's website for a tour. Step 3: Determine Career Tech deadlines Step 4: Apply for Career Tech Check your Career Tech's website for application steps Step 5: Add your Career Tech courses to your high school schedule Inform your teacher and Career Tech Counselor Hadley Walters of your acceptance. Step 6: Use your Learning Fund to pay for your Career Tech costs Learn more about using your Learning Fund here. Step 7: Begin your Career Tech program
  • How many credits will my student receive after completing a career tech program?
    The majority of career tech programs will yield 3 elective credits. Some programs include academic credit if they are enrolled in a class such as Biology, Fundamentals of Technology, Trig/Pre-Calculus, etc., as part of their career tech program. The student will earn the academic credit (computer science, science, or math) and elective credit depending on the program. Most programs at career technology centers are approved for 3-4 total credits. So, if a student will earn 1 full academic credit for Fundamentals of Technology that is included in their career tech program, they will receive 1 computer science credit and 2 elective credits for a total of 3 credits earned. For additional questions, feel free to contact Hadley Walters, the Career Tech Counselor at
  • Is transportation provided?
    No, transportation is not automatically provided. However, in some instances, career techs may work with the individual family to allow the bus to pick up a student at a public location on the way in between the local high school and the career tech site. Another option may be if the local school district allows the student to get on the bus at the local school site and be transported with the local high school students. If a student needs transportation assistance and it is impeding on their ability to attend a program he/she was accepted into please contact Hadley Walters at
  • My student wasn't accepted to the program of choice, what other options does he/she have?
    Many programs are highly competitive and while this can be disappointing there are a few options. The first option is asking the career tech if the student can be placed on a waist list for the program. The next option is talking to the career tech to see if the program is offered through an adult/night program. These programs are typically called short-term programs. While there may be a cost, the student could still attend and learn the skill/trade of interest.
  • My student missed the priority enrollment deadline, can they still apply?
    Yes. Most career technology centers still accept applications past the priority enrollment deadline. Some career technology centers indicate when they have stopped accepting applications, but most still do after the priority enrollment deadline. The best thing to do is check the website for the career tech of interest.
  • Is there a cost to attend a career tech program?
    Students who are enrolled in a full time program at a career tech in their assigned district will not be charged tuition. Full time programs are free to high school students. Part time/Adult/Evening programs are not free and do not offer high school credit. These programs can still be very beneficial for students. It is possible if a student has available learning fund money it can help go toward the cost of tuition or books.
  • When is the best time to apply to my local career tech?
    The best time to apply to your local career tech is the fall semester before you intend to enroll. For instance, you would apply in the fall of your sophomore year to hopefully get placed in a full-time program at your career tech during your junior year. The application process takes a few months, so it is best to get your application in early before the priority enrollment deadline. See question above about missing the priority deadline.
  • Can a student on an IEP apply for a career tech program?
    Yes. Students on an IEP are welcome to apply for career tech programs.
  • Does my student earn high school credit if they are enrolled in a program at a career tech?
    Yes. If their program is a full-time high school program. At many career technology centers, students have the option to enroll in short-term programs. The short-term programs are typically 6 weeks in length, and although they can lead to an industry certification, they are not typically taught by a certified CTE instructor, and are not approved by the State Department of Education (SDE) as eligible programs to yield high school credit. Also important to note is that short-term programs are not free for students. Full-time high school programs are taught by certified CTE instructors, are approved by the SDE to yield high school credit, and are free for the student if they live in a qualifying school district.
  • How do I know if my career tech program is approved for high school credit?
    The State Department of Education has a resource to help us understand which program can count for high school credit, elective or otherwise. It is called the Postsecondary Opportunities Guidance. To view this resource click here.

Recursos de prueba

A lo largo del año, las Escuelas Chárter Epic deberán administrar una variedad de pruebas. Las ubicaciones que se enumeran a continuación se utilizan como instalaciones de prueba para los exámenes estatales de primavera de 2023.


H2O Church

16615 County Road 1560, Ada, OK 74820
Mailng: PO Box 518 Ada, OK 74820


Hilton Garden Inn

710 Premier Pkwy, Ardmore, OK 73401


New Beginnings Baptist Church

4104 E 151st ST S, Bixby, Ok 74008

Broken Bow

Bypass Church of Christ

Mailing: PO Box 478; Idabel, OK 74745
Physical: 120 W Lincoln Rd, Idabel Ok, 74745


Frisco Center

101 S. 4th St Clinton, OK 73601


Epic Partner Site: First UMC Durant

5400 W Main St,; . Durant, OK 74701


Hoover Building: Garfield County Fairgrounds

111 West Purdue
Enid OK 73701


St. Mary Catholic Church (School)

502 E Warner Ave, Guthrie, OK 73044


Hilton Garden Inn

135 NW 2nd St, Lawton, OK 73501


Coleman Theater

103 N Main St Miami, OK, 74354

Midwest City Microsite

MWC Epic Microsite

9070 Harmony Dr., Midwest City, OK 73130


Oasis Community Church Muskogee

800 W Peak Blvd, Muskogee, OK 74401

Norman - Goodrich

Goodrich Memorial United Methodist Church

200 W Hayes, Norman, OK 73069
Mailing: PO Box 523; Norman , OK 73070

OKC Crossroads

Crossroads church - Student Life Center

8901 S Shields Blvd, Oklahoma City, OK 73149

OKC SW Graceway

Graceway Baptist Church

1100 SW 104th St, Oklahoma City, OK 73139


Apostolic Life Church

PO Box 424
1512 E 13th Street
Okmulgee Ok. 74447

Pauls Valley

First Baptist Church Pauls Valley

213 N Ash St,
Pauls Valley, OK 73075

Ponca City

City Central - Epic Microsite

400 East Central STE 509, Ponca City, OK 74601


Immanuel Baptist Church

1101 N Wheeler Ave, Sallisaw, OK 74955


Temple Baptist Church

1234 E Highland St, Shawnee, OK 74801


First Christian Church of Stroud

323 W 4th St, Stroud, OK 74079

Tulsa Metro

Metro Pentecostal Church

5925 E 51st St, Tulsa, OK 74135

Tulsa Sandusky

Sandusky Avenue Christian Church

4424 East 11th St
Tulsa, Ok 74112


Woodward Conference Center

3401 Centennial Ln Woodward, OK 73801


Freedom Church

1505 E. Tamarack Altus, OK 73521


RSU Bartlesville

401 Dewey Ave, Bartlesville, OK 74003

Broken Arrow NSU

NSU Broken Arrow

Mailing: 3100 New Orleans St. Liberal Arts Building Broken Arrow, OK 74014
Testing in the Library Building


Grady County Fairgrounds

500 East choctaw Ave. chickasha, ok 73018


Simmons Center

800 Chisholm Trail Parkway
P.O. Box 981
Duncan, OK 73534

Edmond Waterloo

Epic Waterloo Microsite

Waterloo Edmond 6705 N Interstate 35 Frontage
Edmond,OK 73034


Real Life Church (formerly-First Assembly of God )

29080 South 637 road Grove Oklahoma 74344


First Christian Church of Guymon

802 N Quinn, Guymon, OK, 73942


Southeast Expo Center

4500 W. US Hwy. 270; McAlester, OK 74501

Midwest City

MWC Community Church of the Nazarene

10200 SE 15th Midwest City, OK 73130


Quest Church - Epic Partner Site

6450 36th Ave NW, Norman, OK 73072


United Pentecostal Church Camp

9500 S Sara Rd, Mustang, OK 73064

OKC 50 Penn

Epic 50 Penn

1900 NW Expy, Oklahoma City, OK 73118

OKC Exchange

Exchange Ave Baptist Church

1312 S Pennsylvania Ave, Oklahoma City, OK 73108

OKC Village

Village Baptist Church

10600 N May Ave, Oklahoma City, OK 73120


Owasso Church of Christ - Epic Partner Site

10510 N 129th E Ave, Owasso, OK 74055

Piedmont Microsite

Epic Piedmont Microsite

1885 Piedmont Rd. North, Unit A, Piedmont OK 73078


FBC Poteau - Epic Partner Site

300 N Witte St, Poteau, OK 74953

Sand Springs

Angus Acres Baptist Church

4401 S 129th W Ave, Sand Springs, OK 74063


World Harvest Stillwater

1718 W. Lakeview Road, Stillwater, OK 74075

Tulsa Eastland

Eastland Assembly of God

12310 E 21st St. Tulsa, OK 74129

Tulsa SNU

SNU Tulsa - Epic Partner Site

8210 E. Regal Ct. Tulsa, OK 74133


United Church

700 E Cherokee St, Wagoner, OK 74467


Christ's Church of Yukon

620 W Vandament Ave, Yukon, OK 73099

Educación especial

Los servicios de educación especial están disponibles para los estudiantes identificados con una discapacidad por un equipo multidisciplinario que puede incluir, entre otros: maestros, el padre/tutor, un psicólogo escolar, terapeutas y el estudiante. La escuela sigue los requisitos de IDEA 2004 y las leyes correspondientes de Oklahoma. Se debe proporcionar documentación de la discapacidad, como registros médicos, registros educativos previos y/o evaluación psicológica.

Para nuevas remisiones, la escuela utiliza la Respuesta a la Intervención (RTI) en toda la escuela, como un apoyo de primer nivel para ayudar en la identificación de las necesidades educativas y para documentar que el estudiante no puede aprender con intervenciones con base científica. El maestro de educación general luego enviará esa solicitud a un maestro de educación especial que se asegurará de que se complete la evaluación.

Se requiere que la escuela enseñe a todos los estudiantes trabajos de nivel de grado según las directivas del departamento de estado.  El plan de estudios utilizado depende de la edad y el nivel de grado, así como del nivel de instrucción del estudiante. Los estudiantes que necesitan servicios de apoyo de aprendizaje adaptado son aquellos cuyas necesidades de aprendizaje complejas afectan su rendimiento académico y su capacidad para progresar lo suficiente dentro del entorno menos restrictivo (LRE).  Los servicios ofrecidos pueden incluir: adaptaciones y modificaciones al plan de estudios, estrategias de instrucción especializadas y ajustes en el ritmo.

Niño encontrar

Child Find es una búsqueda de todos los niños con discapacidades que no reciben una educación pública gratuita y apropiada. Esto se aplica a los niños entre las edades de nacimiento y veintiún años de edad, que aún no se han graduado de la escuela secundaria. Epic Charter School ofrece oportunidades educativas completas para todos los estudiantes. Si sospecha que su hijo puede tener una discapacidad o sabe de un niño con una discapacidad que no está recibiendo una educación pública gratuita y adecuada, por favor haga clic aquí.

Servicios relacionados
Los servicios relacionados pueden incluir, entre otros, terapia ocupacional, terapia del habla y del lenguaje y fisioterapia cuando sea necesario para que el niño progrese adecuadamente en el plan de estudios general. El equipo del IEP determina estos servicios, ubicación y objetivos según sea necesario. Las opciones de servicios relacionados deben discutirse con el personal de educación especial.

La comunicación entre los maestros de educación especial y los padres se realizará por teléfono, correo electrónico, Skype, etc. Los documentos confidenciales se enviarán por correo certificado. Para garantizar una comunicación continua, informe al maestro y a la escuela si hay un cambio en el número de teléfono, correo electrónico o dirección postal.


Planes de alojamiento de la Sección 504
La Ley de Rehabilitación de 1973, comúnmente conocida como "Sección 504", es un estatuto federal que prohíbe la discriminación contra las personas en función de su discapacidad por parte de las instituciones que reciben asistencia financiera federal. Afirma:

Ninguna persona con una discapacidad que de otro modo califique será excluida de la participación, se le negarán los beneficios o será objeto de discriminación en virtud de cualquier programa o actividad que reciba asistencia financiera federal, únicamente debido a su discapacidad.

El propósito de la Sección 504 es asegurar que los estudiantes discapacitados tengan oportunidades educativas y beneficios iguales a los proporcionados a los estudiantes no discapacitados. Un estudiante elegible bajo la Sección 504 es un estudiante que tiene un impedimento físico o mental que limita sustancialmente una actividad principal de la vida. Si un estudiante está cubierto por la Sección 504, las escuelas deben proporcionar las adaptaciones necesarias para garantizar que el estudiante tenga igual acceso a los servicios, programas y actividades que ofrece la escuela. La Sección 504 protege a los estudiantes de la discriminación por motivos de discapacidad en una medida similar a la Ley de Estadounidenses con Discapacidades (ADA).

Child Find

Aprendices del Idioma Inglés (ELL)

Los aprendices de inglés (EL) son estudiantes con diferentes niveles de dominio del inglés y conocimiento previo de su idioma materno.

El Departamento de Aprendices de Inglés

El Departamento de Aprendices del Idioma Inglés está comprometido a ayudar a los estudiantes, padres y maestros a lograr el éxito. Nuestro departamento crea e implementa programas de instrucción sólidos para estudiantes del idioma inglés, desarrollo profesional integral para educadores de Epic y servicios de interpretación y traducción para permitir que los padres aboguen por sus hijos.​

Servicios de asistencia lingüística

Todos los padres tienen derecho a recibir información sobre la educación de sus hijos en un idioma que entiendan, y Epic reconoce que asociarse con los padres/tutores es vital para el éxito educativo de los estudiantes. Trabajamos para empoderar a los padres/tutores de niños inscritos en Epic que no hablan inglés para que se conviertan en participantes activos en la educación de sus hijos.

  • Epic Charter Schools brinda servicios de interpretación (oral) y traducción (escrita) de idiomas a padres y tutores con dominio limitado del inglés, sin costo alguno para ellos.

    • La traducción y la interpretación pueden ser proporcionadas por el personal, los voluntarios o los proveedores contratados de Epic. Se desaconseja el uso de familiares y amigos para proporcionar traducción o interpretación.

    • Un hijo menor nunca puede traducir o interpretar.

  • Cuando un niño se inscribe en Epic Charter Schools, se les pregunta a los padres sobre su necesidad de servicios de asistencia lingüística.

  • Para presentar una queja, envíe este Formulario de quejas de servicios lingüísticos. Este formulario está disponible en otros idiomas a pedido.

  • El personal de Epic que necesite asistencia de interpretación y/o traducción debe enviar los formularios internos que se pueden encontrar en el kit de herramientas para maestros de ELL.

Leyes y reglamentos para estudiantes de inglés

Para obtener más información sobre las leyes y pautas federales, visite la página de Colorín Colorado en the Ley de éxito de todos los estudiantes así como estos recursos para Oklahoma.


Lea sobre las obligaciones de derechos civiles de las escuelas para los estudiantes que aprenden inglés y los padres con dominio limitado del inglésaquí.

Calificar para los servicios de desarrollo del idioma inglés

Cada estudiante que se inscribe en Epic Charter Schools completa una encuesta sobre el idioma del hogar como parte del proceso de inscripción.


Si la Encuesta del idioma del hogar del estudiante indica que en el hogar se habla un idioma que no es inglés y el estudiante no ha sido identificado previamente como un aprendiz de inglés, se le dará al estudiante una evaluación para evaluar el dominio del idioma inglés.


Estas son las pautas del Departamento de Educación del Estado de Oklahoma con respecto a cuándo se realizará la evaluación:

  • Dentro de los primeros treinta (30) días de clases si el estudiante está matriculado al comienzo del año escolar

  • O dentro de los quince (15) días de clases si se inscribió después de los primeros treinta (30) días de clases

¿Qué servicios de desarrollo del idioma inglés (ELD) están disponibles?
  • Consulta/colaboración entre el maestro de educación general de su hijo y el maestro de ELD: el maestro de ELD consulta con el maestro de educación general regularmente para ayudar al maestro a planificar la instrucción para el estudiante EL. El maestro de ELD modela estrategias, demuestra lecciones, brinda recursos, ayuda a identificar los estándares y el vocabulario esenciales, y colabora en las adaptaciones y modificaciones de instrucción y evaluación apropiadas. El objetivo es proporcionar apoyos apropiados para EL en las clases regulares al nivel adecuado para el éxito de los estudiantes.

  • Clases virtuales de ELD en vivo: los estudiantes asisten a clases virtuales en vivo 4 días a la semana donde los maestros de ELD brindan instrucción intensiva de lenguaje y alfabetización. La instrucción suplementaria puede enfocarse tanto en la fluidez del idioma como en el contenido básico. Los servicios de extracción para el desarrollo de habilidades de lenguaje y alfabetización cuentan con el apoyo de materiales curriculares especializados de ELD y no pretenden reemplazar la instrucción de contenido básico. Las clases de ELD se nivelan según los niveles de dominio del idioma inglés. Hay clases adicionales disponibles para los recién llegados, en las que se apoyará a los estudiantes para que se adapten a la cultura estadounidense. El objetivo es aumentar el éxito de los estudiantes en las clases de educación general regulares, no apoyadas por ESL, a las que los EL deben hacer la transición completa en un período de tiempo razonable.

  • Clases de contenido con apoyo de ESL integrado: los estudiantes reciben instrucción de contenido básico sin apoyo en el idioma nativo en clases regulares que utilizan estrategias de ESL integradas (es decir, maestros capacitados en métodos EL). El objetivo es proporcionar apoyos apropiados para EL en las clases regulares al nivel adecuado para el éxito de los estudiantes.

bottom of page